Should I put up with my mother’s attacks? – Иверский Орский женский монастырь

Should I put up with my mother’s attacks?

– My mother annoys her grandson, invents illnesses for him, drags him to various doctors and insists on his treatment… Recently I tried to limit their communication. She addressed the police, the Office of Public Prosecutor, the mayor’s office… She writes that the boy is sick and no one cures him. I tried to speak to her, but this was all in vain.  Child supervision officer advised me to file an application for compulsory restriction of contact between the grandchild and his grandmother. What should I do? Should I keep putting up with her attacks or   listen to the officer? 

– You should not put up with attacks, but you also should not file the application. Try to settle the issue naturally and peacefully. And it is better to live separately from your parents.  

Archpriest Sergiy Baranov